Hi! I have problem with sudden extremely rapid Heart beat. we have clocked my hart at the fastest, at a little over 255 beats a minute and it will make me feel very bad like someone punched me in the stomach! The strange thing is it seems to only happen at night and I always wake me up in a cold sweet. Then after an hour or two it calms down. I thought at first I was having some kind of panic attack but the last time I had it was in the middle of a very nice dream. I never got to finish my dream because it woke me up again. It has been happening off and on for about 6 months. Any idea what I might have?

hi, you dont actually say how old you are, as a rule a fast heart rate is known as palpitations and are normally as a result of stress or caffiene etc. if your heart rate is waking you up and is above 180bpm it is very important that you see your doctor as soon as possible, or alternatively go to the emergency room as soon as the episode begins. heart rates this high can be very dangerous and need to be assessed and monitored with an ecg ( heart trace ) if you feel that you aren't able to get to an emergency room or doctor easily, then call 911 (or 999 depending where you are!) there are techniques that the paramedics or doctors can use once they have a printout of the trace to reduce your heart rate and return it to normal, then of course any underlying causes can be looked into. i dont mean to worry you un-necessarily but if your info is correct then it is very important that you treat this with the urgency it requires. hope this helps

I have the same problem and not find any solutşons yet.

I have had arythmia problems for a while off and on but I just experienced the rapid heart beat, 155 per min, last night.
I am active in the natural healing groups in OKC and one of them told me that it sounds like a sugar shortage - since I am on the Adkins diet, pretty strictly I thought that might be possible. I had some stewed apples awhile ago and the weakness and strange feeling in my heart has virtually dissappeared. I don't know if that will work for everyone but it seems to have fixed my problems. You need to try to get some sugar in your diet and maybe get tested for hypoglycemia
Tim

For the last several weeks I have been experiencing the same symptoms, random rapid heartbeats, shakey muscles, lightheadedness, and stomach problems. I have been tested for the H Polori and the test came back negative. I have been taking Nexium for about 4 months and nothing has seemed to help. Today I was sitting down, watching tv, and I had the rapid heartbeat scare. I know that led into a panic/anxiety attack, but its so scary. I was sitting there and did not know what to do. This happend before and i went to the ER because it was so scary and they did some test (never did an EKG?? dont know why) but they gave me a GI Cocktail and they discovered it was acid reflux...But the scares of rapid heart beat with spurts of out of breathness scare me..HELP PLEASE..:-)

Having the same problems...all of a sudden i get very high heartbeat...im guessing tripple the average...
Went to a cardiologist and to another for a second opinion and they found nothing, weird because i keep getting it..its very scary and i realy want to get rid if it!

I know that on occasion that sometimes your heart can go hard like that and it's not much to worry about at least as best I can tell. What do you think? I am not sure. Did you tell the cardiologist specifically about it?

As stated above, it is very difficult to establish what is causing the palpitations unless a trace is taken whilst it is happening. As I advised the op, seek medical attention as and when this is happening, also try keeping diary of what happens when, what you have eaten etc in order to seek any particular trigger. this would also include psychological factors such as stress.

This can be completely benign (harmless and normal for you) or it can be a warning sign - worth taking the time to get sorted....

I had my pulse rate jump to over 200 I was supervised by the hospital at the time and that ended with a icu stay. I ended in a coma for three days, and when I woken the doctor prescribed me inderal as a beta blocker should i still be on it ? cause i'm not. I have another physician regular doctor that I wanted to get a referal for a cardiologist she denied it cause she said i was too young for heart problems . I feel I need a second opinion that same doc prescribed me muscle relaxers , what am i going to do with those?!? i mean should i bother if this condition landed me in coma should'nt i take care of it

Wow 200?! My wifes friend has problem with her heart. She is always taking some medicine, and she never really rests. My wife asked me to see if there is anything here about heart problems. While searching for some stuff I found out about some Implanted heart defibrillators that can help elderly heart attack survivors live longer. I was wondering if anybody could tell me something about this? Or if you have some other suggestions feel free to post.

Best regards

I faced the same problem sometimes ago. actually it didnt come back but Im sure at first it was over 250 per min.
The main reason doctor told me for my case was stress level.
generally speaking they say it is sort of short circuit in electrical system of heart that the pace maker triples the rate without reason. the medical solution includes some sort of wire sent inside heart to check and solve the problem.
on stress case the doctor explained a method called Carotid Sinus massage.
it is a location under your jaw in both sides and by simply massaging it your heart rate can fall so much fast. be careful it can be dangerous.
you can ask your doctor to teach you how to do it.
believe me it works immediately

im 32 and the last 7 years at least once month i have a heart problem : my heart starts to beat over 200 a min i get hot but only last for 30 min then im fine but the last i had no problems at all, until yesturday and this time is was worst it lasted 2 hrs and i had pains in my chest too, i did ekg nothing comes out the docs tell my i got a strong heart, but i dont understand after a year it came back even worse then before. i went to lots of doctors they tell me the same thing take axanax when it happens and it will go away. they say its a panic attack or anxity attack, its very hard to deal with this because it happens anywhere, i was in a restaurant when the last one hit me. is there anything to stop this attacks from happing? i dont beleave its a anxity attack, plus the older im going to get i dont think my heart can take it. its going to stop beating sooner or later. what can i do? what kind of test should i do? i got another doc. appt tomorrow with a different doc to see if he tells me something different, but i got feeling his going to tell me the same thing. any advice?

All of you should eat garlic, take at least 2 clove of a day. Don't chew it just cut it into several pieces and swallow it follow that with a glass of water. It helps avoid cardic arrythmia(heart rate over 100), can lower blood pressure if it's too high, and increase blood pressure if it's too low, it also lower the chances of having a heart attack or stroke. My heart use to beat over 100 beats per minute than I started to eat garlic it helped lower it down, when I wake up in the morning and I check my heart rate sometimes it's as low as 67 beats per minute.

i had the same problem when i was in my thirtys, im 54 now. my heart would start racing and it would go to about 255 beats a minute for 3 hours at a time , the doc put me on heart pills but those did not work. my doctor kept telling me it was nerves, come to find out after i got a new doctor two years later that it was the electricial flow in my heart hitting circuits. i had a procedure done that was called radio frequency ablation done and i was cured. i would be dead by now because my heart would probably just gave out . i hope this helps someone in the same situation i was

Something to ask your doc about is Wolff-Parkinson White Syndrome. It is an extra pathway that causes the heart to beat twice. It's extremely rare. It is also hereditary! My sister ended up getting diagnosed. The doc will be able to see the extra beat on an EKG.