My husband was just diagnosed with emphysema,he was in Viet Nam in 1967-68 and we spoke to the Sgt he had when he was there to see if there might be a connection. He said he was not sure but they did bath and cook with water that was involved and my husband was exposed to it while spraying was done. Hope you can help

Hello there,
i have notice that you have posted this question one year ago, and i would like to know if you have find out if you have figure out if there is connection between agent orange and emphysema?

i would appreciate your answer very much. thank you in advance.

Mrcille at this time they are doing a STUDY on copd and hypertenson and idt's relation to agent orANGE I haVE BEEN WAITING also to see if it is cause by agent orange.

bob wrote:

marcille wrote:

Hello there,

When will that study be complete?

Statistics are often proven wrong after years of study.  A/O related statistics are warped by the denial of our government.  I am living proof that a connection between dioxins and COPD are directly related.  No medical journal or decision by another needed here.  first came PTSD then naturally OSA.  OSA is a red light to check for IHD!!  IHD required quad bypass which caused blood clots to be diagnosed as emphysema (COPD) by the V A. 

The V A is likely to misdiagnose and mis medicate you if you are a Viet vet.  They wont get it till we are all dead.  Agent Orange is bad ass stuff circulating in you blood and plugging things up.  Most likely a pulmonary embolism (blood blockage) misdiagnosed as COPD.  I would insist on a cath to rule out (find) both. 

If I had not insisted on and paid for a heart cath, I would be dead.  My left main was 99% plugged.  The doc that did the cath said that the only time he ever saw that was in autopsy's of vietnam vets.  Same exact thing occured to the arteries serving my lungs and EVERY OTHER VEIN IN MY BODY (PAD)   But the real killer is the attack on the DNA.  If you were in Vietnam you will die from A/O poisioning regardless of the diagnosis. 

My husband was 101st airborn paratrooper search and destroy in viet nam and although he did smoke i am convinced it was also caused by agent orange the va only has him at 70% even though they stated worse case of copd they have seen...he is on oxygen 24/7 he is also suffering from sever depression caused by ptsd..he is also on high blood pressure medication as well...his quality of life is bad...he also had malaria there and still only 70% i have been fighting this for a while need help..needs to be 100% disabled..he deserves better than this he was shot 4 x over there and paralized for 1 yr upon return...any help would be appreciated...