I’m interested in effects on orange agent on blood cells. I heard that it was used in Vietnam and that consequences are still present. How does it affect human body? I’m especially interested in problems related to blood count. Post if you are informed about this.

Agent Orange is mixture of herbicides that had been used in control of broad leaf plants. But it was later learned that dioxin is present as side product in this mixture. Dioxin is well known human carcinogen associated with Hodgkin and non Hodgkin lymphoma and soft tissue cancers. Multiple myeloma is disorder in producing blood cells and it causes blood count problems. The list of diseases that are related to effects of Agent Orange and dioxin is so long. It’s not just myeloma that affects blood count. Bone cancer, leukaemia, circulatory disorders may also be responsible for that.

I was exposed to agent orange in Viet Nam in 1970-1971 and have had increased breathing problems ever since. Of course I had no idea my problems might be due to my exposure to agent orange but am starting to think most of my ills are caused from my exposure to agent orange so many yeara ago.

Robert W. Busby wrote:

My name is David Rosenburg I was in the USN in Vietnam and abord the USS Chicago CG 11 at the gaulf of Nankin
when I broke out with a rash from head to toe from agent orange, I now have diabetes 2;liver and many medical problems from this. Contack me at ***********

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

lainey wrote:

I was in vietnam same time period. I have a high red blood platete count. I have also had breathing problem ever since returning from vietnam. most of my time I was on the forward firebase. Although we were in the jungle there was not a blade of grass anywhere close to our perimiter

Agent orange has an effect on all parts of the body. I have a low platelet count, due to an enlarged spleen from damage to my immune system. There is no telling how much damage dioxin poisoning can cause, each person's immune system is different.

2 tours in VN (64-65 & 71-72). In 2001 i was diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera. Exposure to Agent Orange & Benzene? Fighting an 8 year battle with VA for compensation. Anyone out there with same issue?

My ex-mother-in-law is battleng the VA for the disease for her husband who died a year ago for the same reason. There was a decision rendered in 2006 by the VA regarding ploycythemia vera and awarded benefits. The widow of the "claimant" had to prove the VA issued a "bulletin" in December 1985 (ish) acknowledging the polycythemia vera disease IS related to AGENT ORANGE. However, I have been unsucessful in finding this decision and/or bulletin. I know it is out there, however, believe it has been archived, most likely in some R&D company's vault. Every decision found via internet from either the VA or COA (Court of Appeals) have all be denied for this disease. You would think, over the years, there has been unlimited number of veterans who have filed for this and all have been denied. My honest thought would be, do research (as I am) in medical articles (civilian) related to agent orange/polycythemia vera and find that link that would PROVE there is a connection between the 2.
Good luck in your quest and THANK YOU for all you have done!!!!!!!

I too have been recently diagnosed with PV. I had been giving blood for many years until iron-deficiency anemia hit me and I had to stop giving. It was then that the RBC levels started going up and the doctors couldn't find anything else wrong and diagnosed the PV. No family history that I know of so I'm hoping it's related to AO exposure in 1970. Has anyone seen or heard of anything new on this possible connection?

My Father-In-Law was in Vietnam in the late '60's to early '70's and got out just before he was married. He had his first and only child (My Wife) soon thereafter in 1973. He had told me stories of how he could literally feel gallons upon gallons of the stuff being dropped on him and his platoon. Luckily for him though, he shows no signs of any of the symptoms that I have read about Agent Orange. He only smokes and on average about once a year suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder break-downs if you will. He needs to be left alone to calm down without anyone around for a good portion of the day and then he's okay for the rest of the year.
My question is such. If he was not affected as heavily by the stuff as most Veterans were, would it be possible that My Wife would be a carrier of this toxin?
We have been trying to start a family of our own but to no avail. She miscarried twice with me and even had an ectopic pregnancy where the egg did not come all the way down into the uterus but got lodged in the fallopian tube and had to be medically disolved with an injection.

She is anemic and has pass out episodes from time to time; about once every 8 or 10 months or so. She would simply get up from where she was sitting, walk slowly for a few steps and then feel light-headed and then just black out and pass out. A couple of times I was there and to hear that rattle in her lungs is very frightening!!
Could all these problems with My Wife be directly related to her Father's exposure to Agent Orange? A response would be greatly appreciated in this matter considering we wish to become parents and would like to have a problem-free pregnancy. We would like to take appropriate steps (if possible) to avoid any trouble if Agent Orange is in her system. Thanks

Guest wrote:

I have the same thing but was in the PCZ. Please contact me at the given E mail address.

regards
Dave Sorrell

I have just started helping a gentleman with his health and wellness. He was exposed to agent orange and suffers with breathing problems. We are starting on a 30-day nutritional cleansing and replenishing system. To learn more on this go to ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed you can contact me from this site if you are interested in removing toxins from your body or just order the system and try it.
Best to all of you, Kerry

I too was exposed to agent orange during my tour in Viet Nam. The bullets couldn't get me but agent orange did.

I am now fighting for my life with MDS.  I will recieve a marrow transplant soon.

The VA says sorry but its my problem.  Anyone had any succes in dealing with the

VA and been granted conpensation????

It may seem to terrible to say this, but when a man or woman volunteers/submits for military service then he/she has surrendered and he/she hazards the safety of his/her body and soul towards the 'good' of the nation.  This does not mean that the nation does not value the service of  the volunteer, but the nation does not always know how to, or can, care for the soldier.  But these days, I think that the current majority of the house of representatives of congress won't help you; it's cheaper to do otherwise.

Quote:

Guest wrote:

regards
Dave Sorrell

i was in pcz and was in gorgas hospital for 8 days and had to have tonsilis out asap i asked whats going on they said i had poison all threw my body and it killed my tansilis wich couldnt fight it off and for 8 days with bags and needls and shots i asked if i was gunna make it and they said there doing there best, ask for med records and va told me i had to fill out a fourm and send it to the united states generals office to get there permission to get then,ao was out lawed but they sure didnt out law it in panama