My son has Autism. His father is a Viet Nam veteran, and was exposed to Agent Orange. I am wondering if anyone has any information regarding whether or not there is a connection between these two.

I strongly suspect there is, but typically, the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs isn't being much help.

Thanks, Sheilah

go to any browser and type in can agent orange cause autism and some interesting articles came up

I hope this helps you

Sheilah,

My son now 24 years old is diagnosed autistic and has a history of digestive disorders as well. I am a Vietnam vet and served 1971. This is after the government stopped spraying Agent Organge. However I was in the field alot and ate tons of rice, fish, chicken and who knows what else. I believe that my indirect exposure in the filed cause my sons disability. Do you have any more updates or information. Please reply to

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

]

I was in the field 1n vietnam 1968! I am 100percent va disabled due to gunshot wounds! my 26 year old son lost an eye to cancer when he was 12! right after that he was diagnosed with Autisim Spectrun Disorder with OCD and depression! and since I have heard of others with the same! Yet I can't get him treatment from va even though it is getting obvious that agent orange caused it

Your son suffering from a autism,Autism is serious brain disorder that appears in early childhood. It is long-life disease. Autistic patients have trouble to communicate with others. It is very difficult for them to have any relationship with others. People with autism don’t understand world.they do what they do,you should extra care of him,take a proper treatment it help you,I think your husband is agent of orange consult with doctor and they give you a proper guidance,you come out this good luck.

Hi jasikajohnson,
How old is your son? It seams to me that you have experience with autistic children.

You were very helpful here. If you have any more advices feel free to share them.

All the best.

I also have a son that is autistic. My father-in-law was exposed to Agent Orange in Nam as well. Is this coinsidence? I don't think it is....

I too have an 7 year old son with ASD. I recently found out my father in law was subjected to agent orange and was tested recently  with it still in his system....i agree with everyone here...I BELIVE there is a strong link between the both!!!!

I have been suspecting a link to autism and downs and agent orange and came upon this post.  Agent orange can cause genetic mutations as in Trisonomy 21, 18 to name a few.  I belive it is the dioxin (TCDD)...also believe this is the cause of lyme disease.

Agent Orange or not I can not live a normal life with Aspy. I always score high in test, but lack in communication and school work. I also suffer from a slightly deformed right side complemented wimicrotia Latina level 3. Cheers. One final tip, if you or someone you know have possible symptoms of ASD, get as much support as possible you'll regret it if you don't, trust me.

I'm sorry but some of your info is wrong, Autism is a spectrum and this does not apply to all sub-disorders. Aspergers for example doesn't cause them to not understand the world they just cant understand peoples feelings or even their own sometimes.

i am a daughter of a vietnam Vet whowas exspose to agent orange
i have scoliosis and have 3 kids, so far oldest is fine, but the second 7yo has auditory processing disorder which falls under the autistic spectrum disorder so he is scheduled for more testing and my baby girl 21months has been having growth issues and severe speech delay so we awaiting her evaluation too. i was only suspecting the link last night then posted something on my FB Vietnam Veterans group page and have found an abundance of these same suspisins on the internet! glad to know im not the only one, however to get the gov to admit it would be when pigs are flying!

Unfortunately I can say the same. My wife just learned today that her Dad was exposed to agent orange. She had 6 miscarriages prior to the birth of our first son, who is 7 and has autism. I post this in hopes that others will too if they have a similar situation.

This is a question I have been asking for a while, but the government seems to avoid it by just not doing research to disprove it. Years ago I started a FB page, and now it seems that others are becoming aware as well.

My dad was blue water navy in Vietnam. He is 100% VA disabled, but the government is constantly trying to disavow the AO exposure of the blue water navy. Background: Australia has conducted studies that show the filtration systems used by ships in the ocean actually concentrated the AO with which the sailors showered and drank... The US has not completed any studies, so they 'cannot confirm' these results.

My sister and I suffer from reproductive cysts and miscarriages, severe seborrheic dermatitis and social communication difficulties. For me, I qualify as ASD, and both of my sons are diagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well.

The facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/27315620817/ if anyone is interested in checking it out. There are some interesting resources that people have posted, however there do not seem to be any answers...

Hi Sheilah my husband is a Vietnam Veteran affected with Agent Orange and my Grandson is on the Autism Spectrum as well i often wonder my self it this is the case, not that i want to blame everything on AO but you can,t help but wonder