Has anyone "out there" been diagnosised with blood clots in/on their lungs and was exposed to Agent Orange while serving in the Military while in Viet Nam?  I keep getting blood clots on/in my lungs and my VA representative and I are both wondering if anyone else is having this problem who also served in Viet Nam.  Iam hoping that someone can respond quickly because I don't think I have much time left and I will be leaving a very loving, patient wife behind.

My father is currently in a VA hospital being treated for multiple large blood clots in his lungs and legs. He served in Vietnam and was exposed to agent orange also. I too, have questions about if the exposure is what has caused this. We are getting no definitive answers from the VA doctors. Also we have no history of blood clots in our family. We would certainly be interested in exchanging ideas with anybody experiencing this issues also. The doctors are vague and we do not know what chances of survival are.

Jess - thank you so much for your quick reply. I am going to print your reply up and take it to my VA representative and we'll be getting back to you ASAP. In the meantime, you, your father and your entire family are in our prayers...TommyRose

Any news on your end. We have now been discharged and hopefully my father is on the mend. Still on oxygen with no foreseeable end to that. of course we are being told agent orange is not the culprit but I am very inclined to believe it is a factor.

I have had two incidents of blot clots. The first one was 8-9 years ago and was in my left leg. The second time about five years ago I had 5-6 large clots and over 200 smaller ones in my lungs. While I was in the hospital I had a pulmonary embolism and luckily survived that. I had three tours in Vietnam in reconnaissance and infantry units running from 1964 to early 1971.

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. My situation hasn't changed and my VA rep. is still waiting to hear more replies...hopefully others will see this web site soon and start responding...

My friend who does not have access to a computer called me today and asked me to look online for any links between Agent Orange and blood clots. A couple of years ago he had a blood clot in his lungs. Recently he had hip surgery and during his recovery last week they found two blood clots in his leg related to the surgery. He cannot logically figure out why these blood clots are happening as he's in pretty good health and leads an active lifestyle. 

My husband has exactly the same thing you have and I have managed to get him help in time to save his life twice. It is associated as far as my research can tell. They just won't admit it. God Bless you and your family. Same thing with his Parkinson s. They refuse to say he has that also and I even gave them a case that set precedence.

I was diagnosed with a deep vein thrombosis in the left calf and pulminary embolism about 3 1/2 years ago and was in the hospital for 10 days. I was put on blood thinners for 6 months. A few month after I was taken off of the blood thinners I developed the same problems again and ended up in the hospital for 12 days. I was told that I had a hereditary condition and had to be on blood thinners permanently. There was no history of blood clots on either side of my rather large family, seems strange that I was the only one with this hereditary condition. I was in VN in 1967. A freind of mine recommended that I put in a claim with the VA, of which I am just starting to process. I decided to go on the internet to research if anyone else had this problem before I go through writing up this paperwork. I also have a hypoactive thyroid condition and high blood pressure which I developed over the last 15 years.

My husband is going thru the second bout of this . He is in the hospital now . He is a nam vet also . He went to the va rep and asked him about it but we still haven't gotten any replies. I just heard that OBama is looking into this i suggest you call your congressman and start there. It just seems they are trying not to consider this issue. Good Luck to you.Tell your wife i'm in the same boat as her.

I don't know about the blood clots, but has anyone said or talked about the children of the vets. my daughter in the hospital now with 2 big clots and the dr. are saying she has many in the lungs, any infor will help. my husband is no longer here to help us. ty lois

Have had two DVT/PE hospitalizations 3 years apart, and now am on Comadin for life, along with drugs for the anxiety, sleplessness, etc related to this condition. No family history. Served 13 months in country and all over the place as a tank crewman in 1966 and 1967. Am starting to get the mountain of paperwork together, but wonder if its worth it if the VA doesn't accept this diagnosis as service connected?

Yes! My husband has had several in his legs and we just finished an embolism the size of a new infant. Both times I had him admitted I saved his life. The first time I was told it was from his back. Took him to Seattle and again they tried to tell me they were going to work on his back. I had to yell at them to look at his leg. They went into emergency mode! They let him suffer for over six months with blood clots. I iced and elevated the whole six months. I sit her and worry constantly. God Bless-Mary

Yes! My husband has the leg and an embolism. He did 2 tours in Nam. Exposed to agent Orange and White

I too am a daughter. Just got out of ICU with pulmonary embolism! Not the first clot, but first that was not simply superficial....docs trying to put it off on a reent surgery - I'm not buying it as I now I have had them before and just did not go to ER....