I have bronchitis, and doctor prescribed me amoxicillin, 500 mg every 8 hours. I have lot of mucus, and it makes my breathing difficult. I hope this drug will help me, but I never heard of it before. Did anyone use amoxicillin?

Hi, I had urinary tract infection half a year ago, which was very painful and unpleasant experience. I used amoxicillin, 250 mg every 8 hours. This drug belongs to a class of antibiotics called penicillins. They don’t kill bacteria, but they stop it from spreading and multiplying. I was taking vitamins while I was on amoxicillin, because the body needs all the strength to fight the infections. I had some mild side effects, like nausea and dizziness, but I didn’t stop using amoxicillin. A doctor told me that some people had much more serious side effects like abdominal pain, bleeding and allergic reaction. If you feel any of those symptoms, immediately consult your doctor.