I am 32 and recently I was diagnosed with pneumonia. My doctor proscribed me medicine called Trimox. I don’t know anything about it so I would appreciate any additional information. Thanx

Trimox is an antibiotic in the class of drugs called penicillins and it fights bacteria in your body. It is used to treat many different types of infections, such as tonsillitis, pneumonia, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea and infections of the skin. Like any other drug, Trimox also has some side effects. The most common ones are: nausea, vomiting, mild diarrhea, or irritation of mouth or throat. You should contact your doctor if they continue or are bothersome. If you experience skin rash, hives, or vaginal irritation or discharge you need to contact your doctor as soon as possible. Drug interactions can result in unwanted side effects or prevent a medicine from doing its job so before starting the use of this drug tell your doctor if you are using some other drugs. A severe reaction to Trimox includes a severe rash, hives, breathing difficulties, or dizziness. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have a question about whether you are allergic to this medicine or not.