i am 2 wks away from my surgery and wondered if anyone knows if there is more benefit to using your own bone for the graft or a donor bone.i would think it would fuse much faster using your own. any opinions would be helpful, paula

Yes, use your own bone. Bone fragments from cadavours don't contain live cells. Using your own bone is better as there are live cells, and the fusion takes faster this way. The hip surgery didn't bother me at all. My surgery was a double disc replacement (c-3-4, c-4-5) with titanium plate in September. I'm up and around, back working, etc. Still have aches and pains, numb fingers, etc. But well worth it in the long run.
Best of luck!

I am on day 10 of a cervical fusion and graft on c4-5, my pain was all in the right side of my shoulder and arm, now i have no pain at all on the right side, but seems it all moved tothe left, is this normal? THanks, Anna

It could be pain related to being near the surgical area. If it remains there after a couple weeks, then I think you should see a doctor. Otherwise I think you should be okay. Keep me posted, okay?