My regular xrays state: Normal alignment and stable hardware at the cervical spine fusion site. However there is a thin lucency through graft site, with sclerotic margins, concerning for incomplete fusion. anyone understand this? I am in alot of pain.

my husband had this surgery done. I looked on the web for the terminology you used. I couldnt find anything that I understood. But, to me it sounds like it all healed well. The spine is straight and the bone inplant did what it was suppose to do, except for...its weak. narrow places or thin places in it...why didnt you ask your doc what it meant, afterall...its only your spine we're talking about. You can't ask too many questions. We do. He just had his done 3 weeks ago, so, we won't know for awhile how its going. Does your Doctor say whether or not it was successful..or not? My understanding...is, the bone transplant...between the vertabrae..where the discs used to be...didnt completely fuse together. to me, from what we understand..the part that would be the most concern, is, how the hardware is doing? Is bone growing over the hardware? thats what is suppose to happen. the bone that was grafted will grow (kinda like bone spurs do) over the titanium plate and screws thats what makes it secure.