I`m only 18 and have a sleeping problem. I sleep well, better to say too well. A year ago I started to wake up all covered with bruises on my legs. Those episodes have become the part of my sleep in no time. I have a deep sleep and don`t wake up during the night. At first I thought that bruises and cuts on my body are result of my tossing `n` turning during the sleep. But my gf was awake one night, studying, and she told me that I was beating myself with my hands and some objects near bed (a book and alarm clock). But, I`m scared that I will attack myself in sleep with some deadly object and nobody can help me.

Hi. My boyfriend has a similar problem. Usually he doesn't remember anything, it`s just the part of his sleep, like in your case. Unless I wake him up and talk about it. Once, he told me that he had that dream and that there was something in the bed with him, a strange creature and that he was trying to fight with it. I think that the answer on your problem lies in your dreams. Maybe you`ve had some sort of trauma? That could be the cause of your nightmares. Try to remember your dreams and keep your bed zone clear of all objects. I`m also worried about that my bf will not only attack himself during his sleep, but me too.