My mother was prescribed with celebrex because of severe pain that she has started to have in her knee. As she is overweight and has to spend much time standing that makes big pressure on her joints. Doctor told her to have two 100mg capsules daily. I dont know what the side effects of celebrex are. She has to take it every day and it does help.

I believe that your mothers physician took the anamnesis before prescribed her celebrex. It is very effective anti-inflammatory medication, but not without side effects. Celebrex can increase risk of cardiovascular diseases. Also, gastrointestinal disorders can be expected, but no ignored. Bloody, tarry stools, coughing or vomiting blood if happen, should be immediately discussed with doctor. I used to take celebrex for a short period three years ago because of severe menstrual cramps, so I am a bit informed about its side effects.