Hello! My mother suffers form arthritis and she didn’t want to go to her doctor for a long time. She had used Ibuprofen for her pain. Then I talked to her and she went to see her doctor at last. He examined her and prescribed some medications. She is taking Celebrex now but she also took Ibuprofen yesterday. I told her there is no need to take Ibuprofen since her doctor prescribed Celebrex. I am afraid of potential problems related to taking Ibuprofen and Celebrex on the same day.

Hi! Celebrex belongs to the group of non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) as well as Ibuprofen. Both are effective in treating pain and inflammation but I think Celebrex is less likely to cause gastrointestinal side effects then ibuprofen. Celebrex may interact with many other medicines. When taken with other NSAIDs its side effects like nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, even gastrointestinal bleeding may be increased. Since ibuprofen is one of NSIADs it shouldn’t be taken with Celebrex together.