Hello. I'm 23 year old female and I have some questions about my mother’s attentions. You see, about ten years ago she was diagnosed with some terrible autoimmune disease called myasthenia gravis. I don’t know a lot about this but I know that it has something to do with her muscles and that’s why she often suffers from swelling, inflammation, redness, itching, and allergic skin conditions. Just recently she started using some new drug called Solumedrol and I would like to hear more about it. I would also like to find out more about possible side effect when you’re mixing this drug with alcohol. She doesn’t drink a lot but I would lie if I told you that she doesn’t drink at all!

Hello. I totally understand that you’re worried about your mother and that’s why I will tell you some important stuff about this drug.
You should know that this drug is a corticosteroid. It comes in two forms of injection and some drinks you can use.
You already know that the ready-prepared suspension is for relief of swelling, inflammation, redness, itching, and allergic skin conditions caused by many conditions. Myasthenia gravis is just one of them.
Of course, there are several side effects when you’re using this drug such as bloody or black, tarry stools, increased thirst and irregular heartbeat. Consuming alcohol is out of the question!!! Alcohol can increase the risk of getting serious side effects while you are taking this drug because it is steroid. Tell your mother that she should avoid alcoholic drinks.

what hapens to the kidneys