Hi guys! So I've been on Sprintec for about 3 years now with no problems. Every single month my period comes on the 3rd day of the placebo pill like clockwork. Each month my PMS symptoms vary greatly from just a little irritable to back aches/headaches/sore breasts/mood swings. I had sex with my boyfriend this month on the 9th and the 16th after finishing my cycle on the 6th. This was sex without a condom but I have been on Sprintec this entire time and never take my pill more than 2 hours late. Starting on the 18, I began feeling tired, a little irritable, and had a headache for no good reason. This is a full week before I usually start my period. The 19th I woke up with a weird metallic taste and it has been slightly noticeable the past few days. I have also been experiencing dizziness, sore breasts, low back pain,and PMS like cramps. Now, I know there's always a small chance of pregnancy with birth control pills, but am I freaking out a little too much here? I had assumed it was a bad case of PMS until I googled "metallic taste in mouth" and found a ton of people telling me "You're definitely pregnant! I got that symptom 2 days after unprotected sex". Question is-Is a metallic taste a tell tale sign of pregnancy or could it be completely unrelated? I'm about a week too early to do an at home pregnancy test and I'm not sure if it's too early to get a blood test done. Obviously I'm interested in postponing the whole pregnancy phase of my life a good 5 or 10 years, hence the perfect use of birth control. Any ideas?

Those PMS symptoms/ signs are the indicators that you have just regular PMS as every other lady in this world. Your period is a little bit weird right now and that is why you are worried. Especially because you had sex with your boyfriend. 

If you ask me, I think that those PMS symptoms are nothing like pregnancy symptoms so I think that you don't need to be afraid that you are pregnant. Sure, there is always a possibility for this and it that case pregnancy test is your only solution and option. 

So, those symptoms can be totally unrelated with a chance of being pregnant.