I am taking 400mg Lamictal, 100mg Topamax, and 300mg Wellbutrin and just discovered that I am pregnant. Obviously, I am very concerned. Can you tell me how high the odds of birth defects are, considering I'm taking these drugs?
I am six weeks pregnant and I had severe diarrhea with horrible cramping continuously for three weeks after I conceived (I know now--didn't know what was causing it then). Now I have moderate cramps continuously. I didn't experience anything like this when I was pregnant with my daughter. I appreciate any help!

Bi polar meidcations do cause severe birth defects, if you did continue with a pregnancy the chances of having a child with mental and physical retartdation would be high. DEF consult with an OB GYN

Anonymous wrote:

I cant believe you are such a jerk giving advice like this.Some bipolar meda are harmful but some are not.she can go on something safe and to say she might have a retarded baby is just plain wrong and ignorant.Get your facts straight before you reply to something.

kelsey wrote:

Hi, Can I ask whatever happened with your baby? I am on wellbutrin and lamictal and would like to get prego in the next year or so...trying to weigh the risks...

thanks

What a ignorant thing to say. Some medication are dangerous and the worst one is Lithium and the least dangerous to your unborn child is Lamictal so you should be fine. I have been taken of my lithium and the started on lamictal before i got pregnant and all this ws done with the help and support of my doctor and family.You'll be fine!