I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time, and it was extremely painful and uncomfortable, and afterwards i was bleeding heavily, now, its been four days and even though the bleeding has slowed and isnt at all heavy, I still am bleeding. Is this normal after this long, and how long will it last? I'm worried.

Hi Tinkerbell. Some women bleed after their first experience with sex , if they have not masturbated, as you break a membrane called your Hymen, this sits in front of your vaginal orifice (or hole) The bleeding should not really last for a long time tho, good to hear that your bleeding is going away.

First time sex is not always that great, but gets better . Not every woman who has lost their virginity will rave about it being fantastic.

Was your partner large, and maybe if you had a little dryness with sex, maybe he has cut you inside.

If you are worried, maybe tell your mum, if you can, or a school councellor (they are there for these reasons), or your Doctor. Or an older female friend who you can trust. Ifyou have no one to talk to tho, post another question, and l will be happy to help you, Scary to be worried, l know .

Im hoping you are not in pain , remember contraception, and condoms to protect you against STDs

thanks for your advice, it was great and really helpful. I talked to my mum, and that made it easier. Its nearly stopped now, it kind of slowed right down over night which I was suprised, I didnt think it would, but happy all the same its stopping. I guess my body is healing over night.
Thanks again.

My first sex with my boyfriend. i bleed a little but the next one i bled a lot. Then i became worriedabout bleeding each time we made love. Soon after it stopped. Now i have stains in my undies...and some bumps and itches...what do i do? am worried
Worried lady

I have been having sex w/ this guy 4 almost a year(sometimes unprotected). i lost my virginity 2 him & the 1st time we did it i didnt bleed. Soon afterwards i stopped having my periods. Every now & then I'll bleed for a day or so, but sometimes not at all. The last time we had sex (just recently) I was a little scared because he didn't have a condom, so he insisted that a plastic bag would work just as well; during the middle of our intercourse I happened to look down & see some pink on his shirt, so I told him to stop and i raised up then i seen that the bag was covered in blood. But we've had sex over 60 times. This really scared me. And on top of everything I've been having this really bad, yellow, discharge- and its kinda smelly. I went to the doctor and the woman asked me had i been penetrated and i said no because i didn't want my g- ma to know i was having sex, cuz i just turned 16. The doctor told me i definately had a urinary tract infection & she did some blood work... What is going on with me???????

Scaredandconfused, there is a lot going on here. First, well done for going to the doctor and getting some meds. Now you need to get rid of the guy in your life. Plastic bag? He either knows nothing, or he doesnt care about anything but his own pleasure. You need to find a guy who knows what he is doing AND has a lot of respect for you. You deserve better than a guy who pushes a plastic bag inside you.