Well, during week 2 of my birth control pack (yaz) i missed two days because i was horribly sick. I then started to bleed. I know that missing pills causes this its just really weird because even after i take my last "active" pill its a good 4 or 5 days until i start my actual period. Anyways, its been a week and ive been taking my pill on time but yesterday i did have sex and now im worried that the pill wasn't working? So, did just missing 2 pills make it not work? the bleeding stopped a few dais ago. Obviously i can get pregnant anytime on the pill.and i know that it takes a week after you missed a pill to be covered again but i dont know what bleeding does to that?

Hi hailey! Was this your 1st pack? If so it can take upto 3 months for the BCP to "settle"! IF it isn't then missing 2 days will not start anybleeding! IF this happens again, I would like you to talk to your doctor as intermittent bleeing while on BCP means that you are either on the wrong dosage or the wrong pill all together! Since I have been a Supporter on here, I have noticed 2 names that come up all the time with relation to having problems while on these types of BC 1 is YAZ and the other DEPRO! So just take note of the bleeding IF it doesn't happen again, great! If it does ask for it to be changed! Good luck and health! And also know that you would not become pregnant for missing those 2 days it takes over 7 days of missing them for them to be negated! Good luck and ehalth1