I had unprotected sex 6 days after missing one of my YAZ pills (he withdrew). I missed the pill in that saturday took two on the sunday and had sex on the friday after that. He pulled out and this is the first pill i have missed after 4 months of being on YAZ. I missed the 10th active pill in my packet so it was towards the middle of the packet.

I was scared so took a pregnancy test (urine test) about 4-5 days after haveing sex on the friday and it came up negative. I assumed this was okay cause I was previously told by a pharmacist that the pregnancy hormone is present as soon as firtilisation occurs and that the test is more accurate if u take it first thing in the morning with your first urine of the day. So i bought the test and did it like he saif and as I said it came out negative.

Now I am at the end of my packet and onto my 3rd inactive pill and i still have no bleeding. I'm so scared that I am pregnant even though I have no other symptoms such as morning sickness, tender/sore breast, dark and sensitive nipples etc I did get headaches for a couple days but not anymore (I think it was lack of water) and I do have some discharge (more than normal) and I was super tired last but i think it was just lack of sleep because i stayed in a slept on the weekend instead of going out so now I am feeling better.

Now it has been 10 days since the unprotected sex occured. I am freaking out!

Is there a chance I am pregnant? ?

Chances that you are pregnant are so small that they practically dont exist if you did take the double pills the day after you missed one. Besides, after being on Yaz for four months, chances are that your ovulation stopped long ago and there is no way that you could have gotten pregnant simply because of that - it sometimes takes months for women to become fertile again after they stop the pill. And it's not uncommon at all that period completely skips on Yaz. But, the right time to take the home pregnancy test is at the time you are supposed to get your period - it can't detect pregnancy before implantation and that happens some two weeks after sex. But, as I said, chances that you are pregnant are very small.

I like your answer and really hope you're right... I even booked a doctors appointment to ask for a blood test because I have been quite paranoid. I think I may be over reacting and should probably wait till the full 14 days and just do a home pregnancy test. Maybe save myself some money and cancel the doctors appointment.

I know how it feels and the problem is that the anxiety is just taking over, so... blood test would put your mind at ease, but only until the next time something like this happens. You have to wait only four more days, but I'm repeating myself, I know - you were protected by the pill, you followed the directions about missed pill, he didn't came inside... you see yourself.

Hi, My first pill falls on a sunday. I usually take it at night. I took my 7th pill Saturday night. The following morning sunday, I had sex. Sunday night (8th pill), I forgot to take it. What is the chance of me getting pregnant?