I’ve been on Zyban for my depression for the last three months and it did help a little, like my doctor said, it will take some time to get completely depression free. The issue I’m having now is that my insurance company will no longer cover my Zyban prescription, but instead they will pay for Wellbutrin (Bupropion).

I’m supposed to start taking it next week and I’m wondering are there any differences between Zyban and Wellbutrin I should know about?

you shouldn't notice any difference when switching from zyban to wellbutrin because both of these medications have the same active substance that works as an antidepressant - bupropion. The only difference is between manufacturers, but in both cases you should be getting the same dosage of bupropion, no matter if you're taking Zyban or Wellbutrin.

I guess your insurance company just has an agreement with one of the manufacturers, but all in all, the medication you are getting is the same.