I’ve been prescribed anti depressant Wellbutrin when I was diagnosed with depression three months ago and I feel like it really helped me get through the roughest patch. But just last week I got a letter from my insurance company saying they will only cover bupropion in Zyban.

I don’t know if this is generic medication or why are they doing this, but are there any differences between Wellbutrin and Zyban that I should expect?

Sorry to hear. Ask your doctor. If you are over the hump maybe you can get off all together? You don't want to be married to that stuff. The longer you take them the harder the withdrawal.

Thanks for replying! I know anti depressants come with all sorts of side effects and the withdrawal, but I was in such bad state before I started taking them that I didn't eat, sleep or be able to do absolutely anything so I feel that any price I have to pay later is still worth because I managed to pull out of the hell I was in. So far I've found out that Zyban isn't generic and neither is Wellbutrin, but they have same active substance - just the manufacturer is different, so chances are I should be having any negative effects from the change - but who knows what can happen with these meds,