I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder in May this year and since I’m also a smoker, my psychiatrist suggested that I try Zyban, an antidepressant which is also supposed to work in helping people to quit smoking. So, I’ve been taking Zyban for a month, but then in June/ July my insurance informed me that they will cover only Bupropion (brand name Wellbutrin).

I’m supposed to start my next refill in a few days and I’m wondering is there any difference in effectiveness between Bupropion and Zyban?

you shouldn't be worried about this change because bupropion is the active antidepressant ingredient in both Wellbutrin and Zyban, it's only the case of different manufacturers and different brand names.

As long as you are getting the same dosage of the active ingredient, it shouldn't really make any difference if you're taking Wellbutrin or Zyban. Both have same benefits and same side effects listed on their official website, so if Zyban worked well for you, Wellbutrin is very likely to do so as well.