I was on Oxycontin for almost 2 years. I used any where from 10 40's at the beginning and tapered down to about an 80 a day towards the end. I did a 9 day out patient suboxone detox where I took 8mg-8mg-6mg-4mg-4mg-4mg-2mg-2mg-2mg. Today was the last day I took my 2 mg dose. What should I expect, be honest. Don't post if you haven't been through it or you "think" you know.
Looking for replies comparable to my story. POST NOW

You posted over a yr ago, so I hope someone reads this. I was on oxycontin 30mg twice a day after a car accident. 2 1/2 yrs!!! I asked the pain center doctor, my pcp had sent me to them, if physical therapy, an orthopedic surgeon, or a neurosurgeon would help. They told me no, the pills are better. I NEVER abused them, matter of fact I hated the way they made me feel, they just stopped the pain. Lesson learned, don't trust what a doctor says just because he's a doctor. Took me months to find a detox that would take me because of my insurance. I was on suboxone for 12 days. I went into the facility in full withdrawal so I could start ending the nightmare immediately. 8mg suboxone, divided into 2 doses for 4 days, 6mg suboxone divided into 3 doses for 4 days, then 4mg suboxone divided into 2 doses for 4 days. Then I went off it with the help of the addiction psychiatrist. The panic attacks started! My blood pressure which has always been low, was 187/118 one night, the nurses and psych techs yelled at me because it was so high. Finally, after 16 days of this, and because their ekg machine was out of paper, they sent me to er. I was completely normal, they even did a ct scan of my brain. The doctor called the detox, told me I could leave whenever I wanted because I had signed myself in. I left when the bus ran 2 days later. I think I was in er after that 4 times due to panic attacks. I am now on a low dose of klonopin. I only took this med because a guy rear ended me and caused whiplash. It has not healed, I am now seeing a neurosurgeon.