Hello! I have been suffering from panic disorders and my doc prescribed me Clonopine. My friend told me his mom uses this drug for her seizures in epilepsy. Is that the same drug? Should I still use it or look for another doctor to check this out? Please, answer as soon as possible!

Klonopin belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. It is used alone or along with other medications for both convulsive disorders such as epilepsy and unexpected attacks of overwhelming panic accompanied by fear of recurrence. So, there is no point in changing your doc. Klonopin works best when there is a constant amount in the bloodstream, so make sure you keep blood levels as constant as possible, by taking your doses at regularly spaced intervals and try not to miss any. In case you do miss, don’t take 2 doses at the time!