I would like to know how to help my son deal with dust mite allergies. I cannot say that it is some dangerous condition, but I can see that the symptoms he has can be very persistent and annoying. Can Claritin D help with symptoms of dust mite allergy? I think that he should take some medications…

Claritin D is an antihistamine and it deals with the symptoms of hay fever and respiratory allergies. The problem is, it helps only temporarily, you might try getting rid of the mites even though it sounds impossible. You should wash his clothes and beddings at 60 C temperature, if not even higher and you should change his mattress every couple of months for it is a perfect place for dust mites accumulation.

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking this medication is antihistamine which is usually used to treat allergic reactions. Well it can’t treat it but it can help with the symptoms that occur when you have allergic reaction. The main issue is that this only will help for short period of time, and every time you have this allergy you can take this medication but you have to understand that this will not cure the problem. Allergies are very problematic because I am not sure if there is any cure for them. I hope that you will manage to reduce the symptoms of dust mites allergy. I hope this helped a bit

All the best to you,
Karen