Hi, I am having a severe allergy reaction, but the doctor is not quite sure what is causing it. I don't know what is worse, my runny nose or my watery eyes. The doctor did a number of tests to determine the cause of this reaction and he thinks that the dust mites are to blame. I am sick and tired of taking antihistamines so I was wondering how I could get rid of these nasty creatures in my home.

Hi, dust mites are amongst the most frequent causes of allergic reaction. The problem with dust mites is that they can not be destroyed because they live in dust. The best thing you can do is try to minimize their number. Then your allergy reactions will be much milder. The dust mites can be found everywhere, but you should first focus on your bed. Dust mites' favorite food is the skin cells that are shed from our body. These skin cells are mostly found in the pillows and mattress and therefore these are the favorite environments for dust mites. Get some dust mite covers for mattress and pillows. These covers will prevent the old dust mites to come out and the new ones to come in. The covers and the linens have to be washed weakly in hot water. However, dust mites can be found in other surroundings as well. If your family members are not allergic to dust mites talk to them about vacuuming. Dust mites can also be found in things like stuffed toys and wool carpets. If you have them you should wash them regularly. I hope that this will help you to get rid of your allergy.