Hi! I’m allergic to dust mites for years. Few days ago I realized that I’m pregnant. Now I think that I need to stop taking my allergy medications. But I don’t know how I can relieve dust allergy symptoms during pregnancy. Please, somebody with experience tell me any good advice. Thanks!

Hi! You should consult with your doctor about usage of any medication and also about allergy shots. You can try with inhaled medications or with good air filters. Keep home humidity under 50 percent to control dust mite. Wash bedding weekly in 130 degrees F water. And, of course, don’t allow smoking in your house.

Hello there,

Congratulations! It is great to hear that you are pregnant! I am allergic to dust mites as well, and since I am a man I don’t really know how you are going to handle your allergy and your pregnancy. I hope that your doctor will provide you with some useful information and solution.

Besides taking medications you really need to adjust your home for your current condition. If it is possible keep your home dust free and use all things that can relieve the symptoms of allergy. If your doctor suggests you some alternative solution please share with us. Good luck and I hope that you will find a way to manage pregnancy and allergy symptoms.