Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


Hello. My daughter has asthma, and her allergy skin test got positive for dust mites. We are going to sell this flat and buy new one, and it’s perfect opportunity to find a suitable place for her to live in. So, can you tell me more about dust mites and some possible relief for dust mite allergy? Any help would be appreciated!

Loading...


Dust mites are microscopic eight-legged insects that could be found in a dust (more then 100.000 mites in one gram off dust!), although people are not allergic to these insects, but to their faces. Your daughter is one of 80% of people with asthma that test positive to dust mite. Dust mite is usually the cause of allergic rhihitis and asthma. The best way to help your daughter is to destroy mites’ nesting sites, which are mostly in carpets. So, either remove all carpets and upholstered furniture, or – if you can’t get rid of them – use tannic acid solution like ADS Spray, wash your carpets with DustMiteX or Allersearch X-Mite. Also, you can go for air purifiers and remember – keep your pets out of the house, especially not in bedrooms!
Reply

Loading...

It is a protein in the faeces of dust mites that cause allergic reactions in those of us who are allergic to "dust".

Dust mites thrive in dark and especially in humid areas, such as in made or covered beds.

It is recommended to have less than 50% relative humidity (40%-60% being the "comfort" range), so that these dust mites are more likely to die due to lack of water (=humidity), rather than continue feeding on animal or plant material (e.g. scales of human skin) and producing allergens, giving us allergies.

If living in a humid environment or house, I would recommend buying a powerful dehumidifier, dry clothes (such as pyjamas) and bed clothes in a tumble drier (relatively regularly) and leave the bed unmade (uncover/remove the sheets) so that it doesn't remain humid and the mites die.

I have found that taking these precautions help to reduce the symptoms.

More useful info at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4945728.stm

I hope these tips help.

Good luck!
Reply

Loading...

It is a protein in the faeces of dust mites that cause allergic reactions in those of us who are allergic to "dust".

Dust mites thrive in dark and especially in humid areas, such as in made beds.

It is recommended to have less than 50% relative humidity (40%-60% being the "comfort" range), so that these dust mites are more likely to die due to lack of water (=humidity), rather than continue feeding on animal or plant material (e.g. scales of human skin) and producing allergens, giving us allergies.

If living in a humid environment or house, I would recommend buying a powerful dehumidifier, drying clothes (such as pyjamas) and bed clothes in a tumble drier (relatively regularly) and leave the bed unmade (uncover/remove the sheets) so that it doesn't remain humid and the mites are not allowed to fester.

I have found that taking these precautions help to reduce the symptoms.

More useful info at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4945728.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_mites

I hope these tips help.

Good luck!
Reply

Loading...

I had allergies by particles in the air. I got a system from Chicago Air Purification and it solved my allergy issues. Thanks CAP guys for your awesome system. Check out their site at www.chicagoairpurification.com
Reply

Loading...