Hello, folks. My daughter is suffering from allergic rhinitis. I am thinking of taking some herbal supplements for her, but I am not sure whether they are efficient. I would also like to know if they are safe for use. Which ones would you recommend? I will really appreciate all your replies.

Hello, there. It is possible to find herbal supplements for allergic rhinitis. However, I suggest you to be careful with that. In general, herbal supplements don't need approval of FDA. You can find in supplements active components that can have some side effects in organism. Grapeseed was used as antihistamine before, but recent studies showed no such effects. In some cases, herbal remedies can contain even pollen or leaves that a patient is allergic to. In that case, their symptoms got worse. There is even a Chinese herbal remedy called Aller Relief which contains aristolochic acid which is dangerous for kidneys and even is considered as carcinogen! So, I advise you to consult with someone who is good with this before you give your daughter any supplements.

YES! Herbal supplements can definitely help! Talk about side effects?? Herbal remedies don't have 1/1000th of the side effects of western medicine. Grapefuit seed extract NOSESPRAY is very helpful, I use it all the time to open up my sinuses, as well as SINUSIN homeopathic nose spray. Also liquid drops called SINUS EASE is very helpful. I keep Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) on hand and take a little of that when I'm feeling stopped up too. One medical nose spray that helped me is Fluticasone. I don't take it every day, just one spray on an "as needed" basis.

Pennydale,
Hi, I am another person , who is suffering from severe allergic rhnitis.Right now i do have a total nose block, since last week , i am using AFRIN nasal spray, looks like it doesn't work at all. whole night i breath through mouth. I do have a sinusin. I tried it , i tdoen't work . I do have a this allergic rhinitis since so many yrs. I do have a this problem each winter. I would like to further discuss with you . which way u feel comfort to discuss about this.e mail , phone # . Let me know.i just would like to know how to control .