Hi, folks. My daughter is obsessed with nutritional supplements. Sometimes, I think she exaggerates with them. I don’t think it can substitute regular vitamins and minerals that you eat in fruit and vegetables. What do you think about the side effects of those supplements? I hope someone will reply. Bye, guys!

Very few natural supplements do have side effects, and the ones that do are generally unnoticable to mild. This usually occurs when another medicinal property of the herb/vitamin is unwanted.

For example- licorice root can be used to raise blood pressure, as well as for stomache problems. It is useful for someone like me, who has low blood pressure, but for someone who has hypertension and is using licorice for an ulcer, this would be considered a side effect.

Make sense?

As for substuting for a healthy diet, you're partially right there. The problem is that due to pesticides, soil depletion, processing, packacking, and cooking, even our healthiest foods only have a fraction of the nutrient value that they did 100 years ago. Unless your family is able to eat a perfect food pyramid of organic food every day, some form of supplementation is necessary.

It is important for her to eat healthy, but supplements will fill the gaps that our foods just don't fill. Just ensure that she's taking her supplements as directed on the label, and you should have a perfectly healthy daughter.

Yes, MMG and also Some nutritional supplements side effects are triggered by your pre-existing health conditions, medical history, or treatment. For example, some people with asthma may be allergic to a higher dosage of Vitamin C. Family history should also be considered; those with a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure/hypertension, kidney stones, and reflux nephropathy are at risk of nutritional supplements side effects such as kidney failure when taking supplements like creatine.