Hello. I'm 48 year old female and I have couple of questions for people who know more about this then I do. You see, about a month ago I was diagnosed with one thyroid condition called hypothyroidism. Supposedly, I'm lacking of normal thyroid hormones and that’s why in future I will have to take some hormonal supplements.
To be honest with you, I'm a bit afraid of all this because I have heard all bad things about any hormonal therapy and the worst possible side effect. That’s why I'm interested to hear more about possible option to replace these thyroid medications with some herbal supplements. Is this possible?

Hi. I have just read your post and it made me thinking about it because it is very interesting. I'm also on thyroid supplements therapy and, although I didn’t experience so much these side effect, I would like to switch on some herbal supplements.
But, unfortunately, I've read that there are no herbal supplements that could replace real thyroid medications. Some people claim that there are some Chinese herbs that are increasing the level of normal thyroid hormones in body but none of this is medically proven.
That’s why I don’t believe so much in this and I’m definitely not planning to stop with medications that my doctor prescribed me because they really work!

Hello! I have had an underactive thyroid for 13 yrs. now. I have had side affects with other meds but Dr. prescribed sythroid really helped me. Now I am still struggling and although my blood tests say I am fine I still have problems. I am going to combine both and I am told I will be OK. Goodluck! Holly :-D

I recently saw a naturopathic doctor and was diagnosed with a low thyroid. She ordered me natural T3 & T4 from a compounding pharmacy and I have noticed increased energy and alertness. Also, off your subject, I read if you take pharmaceutical meds and only T4 is prescribed, this can trigger depression. Just thought I would share with everyone and you. :-D

Ask your Dr for Armour. Is extracted from animal tissue. Google it, people feel very good on it. It is more natural .

I had my thyroid removed in 2006. After a couple of years of unsuccessful treatment with synthetic hormone treatments, I saw a natural-path who prescribed Nature-Throid: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
It's a hypo-allergenic natural bovine hormone. All of my lingering symptoms disappeared: brittle nails, memory loss, fatigue, depression, hair falling out, etc. It made ALL the difference with no side effects. From what I've heard, it is more effective than Armour.

Another option is to have a pharmacy that can make compound persriptions as someone else posted.
Good luck!

I do not have a thyroid and would like to know more about these natural herbs. Since leaving NO after Katrina I've become quite fearful of not having meds. Please reply. Thanks, Barb

I have been on Armour for 3 months now, but I have just recently added to this some herb blends.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Kathleen Gould  speaks all over the nation on using plants-herbs-roots to help the body. I have heard her speak at 2 conferences. She combines all her blends, teas, salves, capsules, & sprays herself. These types of plants are food to our body and our body will only use what it needs. It will not force the component to be used unlike synthetic supplements.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Personally I want to eventually stop all my store bought Multivitamin, Calcium, and E and get it through the plants or tea blends. And maybe one day I will be able to stop the Armour or at the least lower the dosage. I am 50 & female. Armour is natural from the pig, Synthroid is synthetic. I have not had any side effects. Do your research and see what feels right for you.

I hope u see this but what is the exact name of what your taking