I have been recommended to use Methocarbamol. My doctor just prescribed this drug to me, saying this is the only way to fight my muscular injury. He did not explain absolutely anything about this drug to me, which I need each time I take new medicine. That is why I wonder if anyone could tell me more about this medicine. I am especially interested if Methocarbamol is safe to use when you are taking medication for high blood pressure.

Although the drug may temporarily make an injury feel better, you should not let that tempt you into pushing your recovery. Lifting or exercising too soon may further damage your muscle, so you should be careful. Side effects cannot be anticipated, but if any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. He is the only one who can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Methocarbamol. Those side effects could appear as abnormal taste, allergic reaction, amnesia, blurred vision, or confusion. We have reported and double vision, dizziness, fever, flushing, headache, hives, indigestion, and insomnia. I believe you are most interested into interaction of this drug with other medicines. Then, all you should know is that if Methocarbamol is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of can be increased, decreased, or altered. For example, alcohol, drugs for myasthenia gravis, including Mestinon, Prostigmin, and Tensilon, then narcotic pain relievers such as Percocet and Tylenol can interact with Methocarbamol. Medications for high blood pressure are not tested, but since side effect of this medicine could be drop in blood pressure I think it is safe, but anyway you should check it with your doctor

What if you have a low pulse, between (48-54)