I have a friend who started to use some drug; he said his doctor prescribed it. I found out this drug is called Methocarbamol. I just know what he wanted to say, how that is a muscle relaxant, which exerts its effect by acting on the central nervous system. I wonder could it be good if this medicine works to the nerves that control the muscles rather than on the muscles themselves. I would like to hear more about Methocarbamol, I would appreciate any info you could give me.

That is true what your friend told you, the way this drug works. Methocarbamol can be used in any condition where painful muscle spasms should be reduced. Usually it should be done for patient comfort, intervertebral disc disease, for example. This is also considered as treatment of choice for metaldehyde, for snail bait poisoning. This is a condition causing severe muscle twitching, so this medicine could help. Methocarbamol is also used in the treatment of tetanus, which is characterized by muscle rigidity. Methocarbamol could help with strichnine poisoning that is characterized by stiffness and seizure. In cats, Methocarbamol is an important medication in the treatment of permethrin poisoning. An oral dose of Methocarbamol is active in the body approximately 30 minutes after administration. Its activity is peaking in 2 hours in human’s organism. Side effects of Methobarbamol also have some sedative properties, so sensitive animals will salivate or vomit. Someone might notice that the patient’s urine is darker than normal on Methocarbamol. However, this is not cause for concern.

I have read that Methocarbamol is for dogs and cats and other species. Can we also take them. We're neither dog nor cats! XD