I heard somewhere that people with chronic myeloid leukemia can get myasthenia gravis. I’m not sure is it a truth and if it is, why it can happen. I want to know how is chronic myeloid leukemia related to myasthenia gravis? Please, if somebody knows something about it, tell me. Thanks.

I heard something about it also. Well, maybe you know, Myleran (busulfan) is medication that is using for treating the symptoms of chronic myelogenous leukemia. Unfortunately, it has many side effects. One of them is myasthenia gravis. So, Myleran should not be used unless a diagnosis of chronic myelogenous leukemia has been adequately established.

Hi I have this same question that none of my doctors actually came out and told me could happen. I have CML and then a year later after starting Tasigna I was hospitalized with Myasthenia Gravis and now because I am having such a hard time I am now just starting to question why

I have cml diagnosed in 2007. I was hospitalized for 6 weeks in May 2015 to now with myetenia Gravis and had good plasma transfusion that brought me back from being paralyzed. I am still recovering. I have not seen my oncologist yet.