I have this problem with double vision for a year now and my eye doctor told me I have myasthinia gravis. The tests were negative, but still I`m worried. I will ask for a second opinion, but I want to know something about MG. Anybody with some experience or info? Could it be my problem? I have no other symptoms, only double vision.

Hi, knew a guy with myasthenia gravis. MG is a chronic autoimmune disorder and results in progressive skeletal muscle weakness, but not muscle atrophy. During the time, the muscle weakness affects the extra-ocular muscles, muscles controlling chewing and swallowing and the respiratory muscles. Symptoms of MG may include difficulties with chewing, swallowing and speaking, fatigue and double vision. Those symptoms can go worse if you are under emotional stress, in a bad health situation, pregnant or something like that. Don`t know anything about the treatment options.

Four years ago my 4 year daugther hit me with a book between my eyes while playing. Two days later I woke up with double vision because my eyes were not moving in all directions and one of my eyelids was partially closed. It took me over a year, several Doctors, subspecialists and incorrect diagnosis to learned that I had MG. I was never positive to the available blood tests but after starting Mestinon I started feeling better. I'm only experiencing the ocular MG and I'm currently in Prednisone to suppress my immune system because I was experiencing double vision episodes every two months. There is test called "Tensilon" that measures the muscles respond using electric pulsees after injecting the Tensilon.

i have just been diagnosed with general m g and im going through more test to find out why im on mesinon 6 x 60m a day but having terrible pain especially in my legs has any one more answers than i have