Good day there.

My brother has high blood pressure, and it is not a surprise because in my family everyone has a high blood pressure. I am really sorry about this because my brother is only 17 years old and it looks like he needs to take therapy. Doctor told him to use Benazepril for high blood pressure and I don't know anyone who was using it before. I want to know what is your opinion about this medication? And tell me one more thing - is there anyone who cannot use this medication for a high blood pressure? Thank you! 

Hey there. Of course that there are several people who cannot use this medicine. But the doctor needs to tell you this. To make sure that this medicine is safe for your brother, he needs to tell his doctor does he have any problems with his kidney, liver, diabetes or history of some heart diseases. Also, I need to tell you that ladies who are pregnant also can’t use Benazepril pills. This medicine can damage the baby during third or second trimester. But I believe that this is something that you should not be worried about because we are talking about your brother. It is also not approved for use anyone that is younger than 6 years.

Good day friends. Let me share my ugly and really sad experience with you. I had problem with high blood pressure for many years now. That was the main reason why I couldn't stay pregnant. My doctor gave me some therapy and he was telling me that I am going to be just fine after it. One of the medications that he was giving me were benazepril as well. Unfortunately, two months after using it I got pregnant without knowing it. When I found it it was very late. I needed to abort. It is very dangerous medicine and it should be controlled all the time, every step should be controlled.

Hey. Here is what I know about this medicine. Benazepril is used to treat high blood pressure or hypertension. The good thing is that this medicine may be used alone or with other medications, but of course in the consultation with your doctor. Benazepril is available as a brand name drug called Lotensin. It’s also available as a generic drug and you can find it in the pharmacies. Like every other pill, this medicine also has its own side – effects. More common side effects that occur when taking this drug include headache, cough, dizziness upon standing, or sleepiness. If you have some heart issues that are really dangerous, you should not use it.