This is my first month on the pill after taking several months off. I missed 1 pill in the first week and began breakthrough bleeding the next day. My husband and I had sex twice during the second week, and I missed another pill during that week. I am now in my third week and the breakthrough bleeding just stopped. (I have been bleeding this whole time since missing my first pill.)

Is there a chance the breakthrough bleeding stopped because a fertilized egg implanted itself into the uterus lining? (aka I'm pregnant?)

Or is it impossible to be pregnant because the lining of my uterus was being shed for the past few weeks?

I am supposed to get my period next week.

I've had this exact problem. This is the first post I've seen that discribes what's going on with me as well. Did you ever find out what was going on ? Or get it fixed. Thanks