Hello, I have allergy to animals hair. I try to avoid animals, but it is not that possible, many of my friends have pets. Last time I visited one of them, and even though I have taken allegra, urtica occurred. I would like to know if I can take beladryl while on allegra.

Both of these medications come fro the same drug group, anti histamines. It is not determined whether their effects could be added one to another. They induce sleep, because of the depression effect on central nervous system, so combining these two meds is not recommendable at all. Perhaps you need stronger dose of Allegra, or even a change of therapy.

I am going to try to rephrase this question about taking Benadryl and Allegra.  I am back to steadily taking Allegra (60 mg twice a day) during the day and it seems to help. When I had a bad cold two weeks ago I took Benadryl at night and it helped me sleep and have less coughing.  I do not want to take it during the day because of the sedative effects so take  my Allegra.  The question is whether it would be ok to take it again, but only at night if/when the Allegra is not enough, or especially when I get another cold.  I am new on this site and wonder if there are doctors or nurses answering.  Thank you so much.