I have a complicated, severe sinusitis. It worsens during spring, because allergic rhinitis kicks in and when the symptoms of these two conditions combine, I can hardly wait for the spring to finish. Of all symptoms, strong headaches are giving me the problem, they are especially emphasized when I have to bend or pick up something from the floor. Is it ok to take Sudafed while taking Alegra?

As far as I know, there is no known interaction between these two medications. But, this does not mean that at some point, interaction might happen. To prevent further symptoms, try with aerosols made from herbs, when sinusitis attacks, take antibiotics and of course, avoid places with allergens for your rhinitis.

Hello there,

I suffer from problems with allergies and sinuses my whole life, and there is not even one spring that I can go through getting certain attacks which are pretty severe and painful. I am using antihistamines all the time, but recently I have started with inhalations. My mother made me tea, chamomile mixed with mint, and it was quite helpful for my problem with sinuses. I would recommend you the same thing.

And the less you are using medications it is better. My stomach sometimes gets pretty upset because of the different medications, and when pain starts very often we forget to eat. So, try alternative medication and maybe it is going to help. Good luck.

It's fine.  Alegra-D is Alegra with sudafed added.

I just saw my Doctor again yesterday.  Confirmed again that taking Allegra and Sudafed together are fine.  She recommended it.   Just don't take the Allegra D and a Sudafed and you are doubling the dosage of recommended PSEUDOEPHEDRINE.

Responding to some of the commentators-- please remember that alternative medicine and herbal 'naturopathics' are all drugs. Because something isproduced  naturally in a plant doesn't mean it is somehow any safer than a pill out of a bottle. Many drugs come from natural sources-- they've just been refined and processed and the amount of active ingredient measured rather than erratic. Just look up aconitum, and digitalis. Before you treat allergies with herbs, do some research and check with your doctor. 

Warning about chamomile:
Chamomile is related to ragweed and can sometimes also affect those who are sensitive to ragweed.