Users comments and reviews on article Water Retention (Edema): Causes, Symptoms and Treatments by Dr. Soni Vijay

I was not aware before reading this article how water retention wasn't as common as many people say. I think a lot of people claim water retention when there isn't really any, and I was not aware that it was restricted mostly to pregnant women. I appreciate that you have posted this article. Are you going to be doing more on pregnant issues?

very small text

I recently had colon surgery, and the docs felt that I was pretty dehydrated right after. They gave me two IV's called a "bolus" - pushing electrolytes and minerals. I developed gout in my foot, probably because of the strong fluid push.My hands ,feet, ankles and face were swollen beyond belief! I had to have my legs elastic bandaged to try to move the fluid out of my legs. I already take HCTZ, but it wasn't enough. Once I started Lasix (furosemide)I began to lose weight very rapidly.In 1 1/2 months I have lost 32 pounds.Saw my doc today, and he wants to do an echocardiogram. Can anyone share info about how rapid water-weight loss can affect your heart? The doctor seemed a little concerned.

my uncle had a amputation to his Lt.leg after the surgery he got the fluid collection in the lower abdomen. he is facing difficulty in sleeping on his back as the water clog has gone numb & become so hard that it hurts.

Can anyone please suggest some quick remedy to relieve him from this pain??? please help.