I have really bad allergies. In the past year I have gone to the Doctor for my problem. My nose gets so stopped up and the pressure is unbearable. I have been prescribed every medication that is available. One day my Doctor gave me a cotizone injection. It worked! I had no more problems with my allergies, no more running nose, watery eyes, sneezing, etc. The injections last only 3 months but now I am wondering, how safe is it for me to keep getting these injections?

Cortiose injections may be used for prolonged periods of time but in that case, there are certain things you should watch for. If you need to take them regularly, you shouldn’t skip a dose.
Also, if you are taking cortisone for a prolonged time, you should avoid people who suffer from infections as you may be prone to getting them as well.

Cortisone injections may cause side effects, some of which may be dangerous and some not. The most common side effects that don’t need doctor’s attention are headaches, constipation or diarrhea, increased appetite and headaches, abdominal pain, etc but if any of these become unbearable, you should certainly call your doctor and if you develop any strange reactions like black and bloody stools, convulsions, depressed feelings, bruising, etc

You doctor may point out other certain things you may or may not do while on prolonged cortisone treatment, so make sure you work closely with him/her and tell them everything about your medical history.

Wow,how soon did your injection start working? It's been 4 days and mine still haven't gotten any better and I have breathing issues,and others chronic migraine,etc.good luck to you......