what is the most common reason for such a prescription?

Cyclobenzaprine is used for short-term relief of painful muscle conditions. It usually goes along rest and physical therapy. It is a muscle relaxant. It helps with spasms caused by the muscles themselves, not nerves.

Hello there vito

As Natalia has already answered these are most common uses of cyclobenzapr 10 mg. if you have injured yourself it is possible that your doctor has prescribed you with this to relive not just pain but the spasms as well. But be careful when drinking cyclobenzapr 10 mg because your body is easily getting adjusted to this medication.

Also don’t drink this longer then prescribed because it is meant only for short-term therapies. I hope this was helpful.  

I am asking why should you not drink alcohol while on this drug? Will it just not be as effective?

Drinking w/sum of these meds may enhance the effects of euphoria, however mixing & a'mingling could also cause serious consequences. Pill poisoning is no joke, nor is overdosing... drawl yourself mental lines and do not croSS em, you'll gather immense strength if going ҭңξ ĻĘƝĢƬҢ. ζ0uяaɠƐ iﯼ iɳ ɭɻЯ Ƭ00Łƙiɫ-.~µsƐңiт!

It was given to me for chest pains from the muscles with in and around my ribs. All due from COPD/ chronic bronchitis.