I noticed on kitchen table at one of my friend’s house methocarbamol, but he doesn’t what to talk about it. I don’t know what he suffers from. Please tell me what methocarbamol is; I am so worried about him.

It is muscle relaxant that exerts its effects by acting on a central nervous system rather than on the muscles themselves. It is used in conditions like painful muscle spasms, but also as treatment of choice for some poisoning, as treatment of tetanus which is characterized by muscle rigidity. Methocarbamol has sedative properties also. I am surprised that he doesn’t want to tell you what Methocarbamol is for.

Hi!

Ok, here's what I've got for you:

Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxant that exerts its effect by acting on the central nervous system (ie the nerves that control the muscles) rather than on the muscles themselves. Methocarbamol can be used in any condition where painful muscle spasms should be reduced for patient comfort (intervertebral disc disease, for example) but it is also considered the treatment of choice for metaldehyde (snail bait) poisoning, a condition causing severe muscle twitching. Methocarbamol is also used in the treatment of tetanus (which is characterized by muscle rigidity) and strichnine poisoning (characterized by stiffness and seizuring). In cats, methocarbamol is an important medication in the treatment of permethrin poisoning (which occurs when canine permethrin flea products are used inadvertantly on pet cats.)

An oral dose of methocarbamol is active in the body approximately 30 minutes after administration with activity peaking in 2 hours (in humans).

SIDE EFFECTS

In addition to being a muscle relaxant, methobarbamol also has some sedative properties. Sensitive animals will salivate or vomit.

One might notice that the patient’s urine is darker than normal on methocarbamol but this is not cause for concern.

Your friend might have some sort of back ache r maybe it's not for him but one of the other people who live in the house? Anyway, I dont know why he would be so opposed to talking about it?

I think your friend is in good health but maybe a back sprain or something close to that.

Bye! :)