Because of some injury, I had last week I was prescribed with tizanidine hydrochloride. My entire friends are convincing me that this is some kind semi-legal drug and that it can provoke addiction. Is it possible to become addicted to tizanidine hydrochloride? Did you have personal experience with this medicine? I really need first hand experience!

Your friends have probably read that your body could adjust to this medication. From there they could conclude that it is habit forming. Tizanidine hydrochloride is muscle relaxant commonly prescribed for muscle pain treatment as well as muscle cramps and increased tone due to spasticity. Use of tizanidine hydrochloride is planed for short-time treatments.

Hello there,

Well I don’t know why you are listening your friends. If they didn’t have any contact with tizanidine hydrochloride how would they know if it is creating a habit. Your doctor is a medical expert and if he had prescribed you with tizanidine hydrochloride than you should use it for this treatment therapy. As the poster above me has already mentioned it will relax your muscles and help you dealing with the pain, and this is why you have visited your doctor in the first place.

I hope that you will recover from your injury fast and that there will be no side effects. Keep us informed and good luck.  

I am on Tizanidine and it's one of the mild muscle relaxant, My only problem is I get a headache where I didn't with soma's. Ohm and they are completely legal.

NO IT IS NOT ADDICTIVE. I HAVE TAKEN IT OFF AND ON FOR TWO YEARS NOW AFTER FALLING AN JAMMING MY HEAD AGAINST A DOOR FRAME AND MESSING UP MY NECK. I HAVE DISCOVERE IT ALSO HAS HELPED ALMOST BETTER THAN DETROL FOR INCONTENENCE. IF IT WERE WERE NOT LEGAL IT COULD NOT BE PRESRIBED. MY NEUROLOGIST , WHO IS A TOP DOC IN TARRANT COUNTY TEX.PRESCRIBED IT. I TAKE MEDS FOR ANTI STROKE AND ANTI SEIZURE, AND NO PFOBLEMS AND NOT ADDICTED TO ANY THING...SINCE 2001..HAVE STOPPED ON MY OWN SEVERAL TIMES WHEN OULD NOT AFFOR THE PRESRIPTIONS WITH NO SIE EFFECTS, YOU WONT HAVE TOI TAKE IT THAT LONG,. ALSO HELPS LEG CRAMPS.