Is temzepam indicated in treatment of anxiety? Would it be effective as muscle relaxant, like diazepam is? My mother used temzepam to help her asleep easier. I have started to feel tensed more than usual, and can not sleep well at night and because of that fell extremely tired and drowsy during the day. I just want to have something to help me relax and get calm, to be able to asleep at the bedtime.

Temazepam is effective in promoting these steps that usually lead to falling asleep. It can relax muscles and make person drowsy. Temazepam is used as short term therapy that lasts 7-10 days and treats insomnia successfully. It is not recommended to be used for longer period, because may cause addiction. Doses of temazepam that are used in therapy are from 5 to 20 mg daily for adult persons, and should be taken in the evening at bed time, once a day.