Hi, I am 35 years old and I am using Zolpidem for some time already. I dont use it every day but I several times per week because of my sleeping problems. I feel that I have developed tolerance because it doesnt work as it does when I start using it. If someone has experience with this drug I would like to hear it.

Hi, I was also using Zolpidem for some time and I had similar problem. My doctor switched my therapy to benzodiazepines because he told me that larger doses of Zolpidem may cause amnesia and some other side effects. I suggest you to be careful and consult your doctor. Good luck.

it is well known that zolpidem is only to be used for short term insomnia. Your body will develop a tolerance to the effects if used regularly. Read your leaflet in the box and it will tell you.
you should chat with your doctor about this if you require long term help.
Best wishes and good luck

I've been prescribed zolpidem for the last 10 years as I have HIV and the treatment makes sleeping almost impossible. I started on 10mg then progressed to 20mg. MY DR doesnt know what to try next I will not go onto BENZO's, so I'm making do. Zolpidem makes me sick and I havent tried Sonata. Perhaps I just need a break and suffer for a week or so before the drug clears the body. It has a very short half life so clearance times shouldnt be so long.