Hi people!
I am still struggling with insomnia after having tried many natural "remedies" and hating it. The insomnia is a downward spiral making every day harder. My doctor's suggestion has been zopiclone, but the side effects are not something I feel good about. Is zopiclone addictive and are there other side effects? Do you have any comments, or zopiclone sucess stories? Or the opposite of course?

Please do NOT take this medication. I was addicted to it for three years and went through a monsterous withdrawal, detox, and eventually developed PAWS that I still have some minor symptoms of three clean. This medication is poison. I mean, all of them are really but this one is particularly bad especially for women because we metabolize it differently than men do, which means we are more prone to becoming addicted to it. This is a "z drug" and had a very short half life which is good in terms of morning recovery if you only take it once in a while but murder on your system if you become addicted. You can email me and I can tell you the whole sordid story but please avoid this drug. If have to take something, request a sleeping pill or other CNS depressant with a very long half life like Valium. Do NOT take any of the zdrugs. Do a wiki search so you can be aware of all the names. Ambien is the name of zolpidem on the states which is zopiclone. Zdrugs are all basically the same thing. They are very fast acting hypotonic that are even more addicting than true benzodiazepines. Beware and take care! Sincerely!