My father is suffering from Crohns disease for three years. It is a severe condition and unfortunately there are no medications that can cure him, only to subdue the symptoms. This illness is affecting his colon, with auto immune cause, it has a lot of attack episodes and remissions (symptom is a big number of defecations in a day). I have heard that Asacol might be helpful and I would like to know did that drug showed good results in treatment of this condition.

Asacol belongs to a group of medications that is used to deal with illnesses like ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease. It prevents the inflammation process that affects colon and it is mostly applied orally or via rectum during the attack. It has special affinity to colon and it really shows good results in slowing down the progression of your fathers condition.