I have heard that asacol was used to treat intestinal inflammations like ulcerative colitis and others. So, as chrons disease is intestinal inflammation, I need to know if it also can be treated by asacol. Please right if you have information about this type of therapy. As I was diagnosed with chrons disease a week ago, I need to know this.

Well, as chrons disease is type of intestinal inflammatory disease, there is chance that asacol can be included in the therapy. But probably along with other medication/ medications. Anyway, asacol is strictly prescription medication and doctor is the one that orders which drug will be included in the treatment of chrons disease. Chrons disease has different origin than common intestinal inflammation, so the therapy also differs a bit.

I was prescribed Asacol as my treatment for crohns, 3 times a day. It worked for 7 years but now I'm starting to have flare ups more often. I haven't seen a doc in those 7 yrs so im sure there are more meds that i might switch to