Hello, my friends. My husband suffers from crohn’s disease for years. I have recently read somewhere that coconut can be very helpful in relieving the symptoms. It also has benefits for ulcerative colitis and stomach ulcer. I would like to hear if anyone here has used it and to hear your experiences with it.

I heard about using coconut oil as big part of diet for Chrons disease. It definitely can’t treat the cause of the disease. The oil simply can’t repair damaged intestines and decrease all the inflammation. Trouble with coconut is that coconut oil maybe can do some good, certainly it won’t do harm, but coconut itself is mostly sugar and fibers, and fibers are perhaps one of the biggest issues for people with Chrons disease. Since Chrons disease practically means that lining of digestive tract is almost constantly inflamed most help that people in this condition can get is a way to stop the inflammation and I just think that coconut could do something like that.