I have heard that asacol is the drug of choice for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. Is that so? A friend of mine was prescribed with asacol because of intestinal inflammation proctitis. She found asacol very helpful and she was completely cured. Please right who had experience with asacol and ulcerative colitis. Should I use asacol for the treatment of mild to moderately severe colitis? Thanks in advance.

Asacol is used to treat ulcerative colitis and also to prevent it from recurring. I was on asacol two years ago also because of ulcerative colitis, it was moderate form of the disease but very difficult and unbearable for me. It used to cause me flu-like symptoms that are common, expected and less serious side effects of asacol.

i was diagnosed with proctitis and prescribed asacol i suffered in pain for 2 years before diagnoses and after 3 months of asacol gone and never returned yet have some on standby in case but its a wonder drug and i highly recommend it it gave me no side effects what so ever but of course this is all personal experience thanks happy health to you :-)